Supply Chain Buyer/Planner
Date Posted: May 5, 2022
The position is responsible for planning/ordering of materials and purchased finished goods for select categories. This role will lead activities throughout the supply chain system including inventory planning, forecast modeling, supplier on time performance, and effective communication across departments. This position requires working closely with cross-functional partners in Operations, Sales, Product Development and Logistics to ensure on time delivery, proper inventory levels, and ideas to help improve supply chain performance. The successful candidate must be flexible and multi-task oriented as priorities change from day to day in a fast-paced environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for analyzing inventory movement and adjusting forecasts as needed to ensure proper inventory levels.
- Monitor supplier performance, quality and adherence to terms, with an ability to identify and implement opportunities for improvement.
- Maintain strong working relationships and communications with key suppliers to confirm production/shipping schedules and monitor open purchase orders for all orders to ensure on time deliveries.
- Proactively report product and material availability issues.
- Analyze and manager MRP, Source list, Material master/parameters.
- Leads weekly/monthly supplier review meetings to ensure on time performance and category updates.
- Reviews and uploads new items and sets up new suppliers in ERP System.
- Responsible for communication between operations, sales, customer service, quoting and Suppliers to ensure proper information is obtained to support assigned categories.
- Provides standardized item specifications data for products to/from suppliers and sales.
- Provides timely information to requests from sales and customers service for assigned categories/suppliers.
- Implements and drives procurement strategy, policies, and procedures.
- Ability to work in fast paced environment interacting with plant personnel, suppliers and internal stakeholders.
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned.
IT Analysis experience, Supply Chain Management, Experience in Packaging Industry (plus).
Advanced MS Excel & Access preferred
Inno-Pak is an equal opportunity employer.
As an equal opportunity employer, Inno-Pak makes employment decisions based on qualifications and merit, without discrimination with regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, and any other legally protected category under national and local laws.